Ready or Not

DBFlyguy

I haven't played RoN since Feb as I've been waiting for a significant update to the Terminator AI. I've got about 50 hrs in and I just can't deal with their ability to turn and shoot me between the eyes AFTER I get the drop on them and pump 3 bullets into them.

• Like 1

When they are facing away from me, I come up behind them, fire and hit them once and they spin and shoot me in the head dead with one bullet before I can fire a 2nd shot...

I don't know what else to call it.

Someone had looked in the files and noted that the AI reaction time was about 250ms. Doesn't matter if they're pro bodyguards or meth heads or street thugs, 250ms. And on top of that after they react their aim is near perfect, they can always run while you can never do more than shuffle along, and they can go from moving 2x your speed to a dead halt and then fire with perfect accuracy at your head in that same 250ms.

Compare that with how well Raven Shield did it and I'm quite puzzled.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

When they are facing away from me, I come up behind them, fire and hit them once and they spin and shoot me in the head dead with one bullet before I can fire a 2nd shot...

As a virtual police officer, WHY are you shooting suspects in the back sir.... 🤨😂😂😂

40 minutes ago, JediMaster said:

Someone had looked in the files and noted that the AI reaction time was about 250ms. Doesn't matter if they're pro bodyguards or meth heads or street thugs, 250ms. And on top of that after they react their aim is near perfect, they can always run while you can never do more than shuffle along, and they can go from moving 2x your speed to a dead halt and then fire with perfect accuracy at your head in that same 250ms.

Yeah, I do definitely agree there should be a skill level difference between the different classes of suspects, I think the dev's addressed this in their recent AMA. Hopefully it changes.  Also, a faster speed for the player and friendly AI would be great!

P51 resized.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

2 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

I long for somebody to do a version of the original Rainbow Six series, but with up to date graphics etc...

unfortunately, I think "Ground Branch" is as close as we're ever gonna get to a original Rainbow Six rebirth and that development pace is ....not good

P51 resized.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"