Sim controls Setup Show off Thread

Current setup.

VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Edition base with the VKB KG12 Grip on a VKB UCM mount. Still running the old X52Pro throttle as i have not really found what i like in a WWII styled throttle, especially since those amazing custom built KANTTORIN KONE throttles are unavailable due to the Ukraine war. Notice the massive size difference between the Gunfighter and the KG12, huge. The KG12 is a much more comfortable grip and easy to flash the setup. Still using a TIR5 (Jason actually sent me my first tir unit from the states back in the day..thanks big fella!) and hoping to finally go VR once i upograde my rig.

Gaming and simming on an Ultrawide 34" 3440@1440, pc is an older 9600k, rtx3080, 32gb ram, Win11. Upgrade due in July/August to a more current spec and pass it on to the daughter who is on a 2080 machine.

PXL_20221027_102921747 2.jpg

Original home made removable mount that slid in and out when not simming.

PXL_20221027_105442536 2.jpg

The simming Manx kitty.

PXL_20221027_105649033 2.jpg

Home after work

MaZ9NkZ.jpeg

KG12 versus Gunfighter grip size

BPT8sNt.jpeg

Mounted on the small version of VKBs Stronghold mount system

VXzXRWm.jpeg

Fresh out of the packaging.

Edited by Hetstaine
words are hard
  • Like 5

1427770719.jpg

3 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

My setup as it is since 2014.

Good old Hotas Warthog that is waiting to be replaced by Virpil stuff but rejects to get broken even after 10 years of heavy usage. 🙂

MFG pedals and Jetseat. 

VR only flyer since 5 years already. 

16844897506873700371346599720617.jpg

Tidy setup man! Very nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1427770719.jpg

Just now, Hetstaine said:

Tidy setup man! Very nice.

Thank You mate. Tbh I was a little bit shy to post this right after Yours. 😉

It's nice but in no way competitive. But I'm absolutely satisfied and also a bit lazy to improve things. But time is rare and I very much like to spend my time flying. 😄

It's incredible though, how those home pits have increased in quantity and quality over the last 10 years! 

• Like 2

La mia stazione è nuova. Ho costruito una piccola postazione di lavoro per essere un po' più comoda. Il mio computer ha un case aperto, con un processore Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz di terza generazione - 128 GB di RAM - scheda video NVDIA RTX 4080 - 7 Tera Byte di dischi M2. Completamente raffreddato a liquido, il monitor è un  Odyssey Ark 55". Per quanto riguarda le attivazioni, ho manetta, quadro comandi, pedaliera, tutto Virpil. Per quanto riguarda il Joy, ho l'impugnatura Virpil con l'estensione collegata al Rhino FFB davvero spettacolare, spero che quest'ultimo possa essere meglio supportato, come su DCS.

IMG_9408.thumb.jpg.95387de44efc1f990f64b0f8ce0a7a34.jpg

Edited by I-WVoss
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, I-WVoss said:

La mia stazione è nuova. Ho costruito una piccola postazione di lavoro per essere un po' più comoda. Il mio computer ha un case aperto, con un processore Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz di terza generazione - 128 GB di RAM - scheda video NVDIA RTX 4080 - 7 Tera Byte di dischi M2. Completamente raffreddato a liquido, il monitor è un  Odyssey Ark 55". Per quanto riguarda le attivazioni, ho manetta, quadro comandi, pedaliera, tutto Virpil. Per quanto riguarda il Joy, ho l'impugnatura Virpil con l'estensione collegata al Rhino FFB davvero spettacolare, spero che quest'ultimo possa essere meglio supportato, come su DCS.

IMG_9408.thumb.jpg.95387de44efc1f990f64b0f8ce0a7a34.jpg

Translated-

My station is new. I built a small workstation to be a little more comfortable. My computer has an open case, with a third generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz processor - 128 GB of RAM - NVDIA RTX 4080 video card - 7 Tera Byte of M2 disks. Completely liquid cooled, the monitor is an Odyssey Ark 55". As for the activations, I have throttle, control panel, pedal, all Virpil. As for the Joy, I have the Virpil handle with the extension connected to the Rhino FFB really spectacular, I hope the latter can be better supported, like on DCS

Very nice!

• Like 3

1427770719.jpg

• 9 months later...

Finally, after 2 Month of wait my new flight gear from VIRPIL has arrived, accompanied with a new Jetseat Force Feedback device. This puts my home cockpit unto a whole new level.
After 10 years it is about time to put my trusty Warthog Hotas to rest. And it really looks, as it has been in service in an actual A-10 for years 😅

IMG_20240302_174814.jpg

IMG_20240302_174601.jpg

IMG_20240302_163327.jpg

• Like 4

You guys with the center stick w/ extensions, how do you mount your stick to your rig?

I am currently building an aluminum extrusion simrig for racing and flying and wondering the best way to mount my center stick (VKB fat black mamba III).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I use VR exclusively and bought a NLR Boeing military edition seat for my setup.
Virpil is the main hardware together with button boxes from TotalControls and BlackHog. Rudders from MFG.
VR is delivered by a Varjo Aero HMD

PXL_20240404_082736183.jpg

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Goblin said:

NLR Boeing military edition seat

This looks quite nice - do you think this setup would also bei useable as a workstation?

Or would you need to change too much to use it for other stuff than flight simming (comfortable use of mouse and keyboard)?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

How is your center stick mounted?

The commercially available cockpit setups like the one above come with the center mount. The stick is attached to the mount with screws or bolts.   Here you can see it.spacer.png 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, golani79 said:

This looks quite nice - do you think this setup would also bei useable as a workstation?

Or would you need to change too much to use it for other stuff than flight simming (comfortable use of mouse and keyboard)?

I do think it would work, however the keyboard shelf need to be mounted different from my setup and it will be cumbersome to get in and out unless the monitor is on a swivel arm and could be moved out of the way. I fold the keyboard mount forward to get in and out easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kestrel79 said:

Nice setup. How is your center stick mounted? I'm looking for solutions for that in my new rig I'm making.

I've made my own adapter for the center mount since the included mount would be to high with an extension.
Including some pictures of my mount. I flipped the included base and made a angular attachment for the stick.

PXL_20230321_084729948.jpg

PXL_20230321_084747146.jpg

PXL_20230321_085341676.jpg

Edited by Goblin
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...