American Aircraft

CP_Admin

• Administrators

Dear Pilots,

Feel free to share any information, resources or references about American aircraft that fought in the Pacific Theater 1941-1945. We have great references, but could always use more.

Thanks in advance!

The Combat Pilot Team

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 5:01 PM, Esco said:

I live on Oahu. The Pacific Aviation Museum at Pearl Harbor has a P40, Wildcat, SBD, Zero, and B-25 on display. If you need external pictures for reference, I would gladly get some.

Same here. 

I live in Connecticut and have some up close photos taken at the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, Mass. of the landing gear and wing folding mechanisms of a TBM Avenger and a later war FM-2 Wildcat which should not be that much different than the original model. 

They have also acquired a Douglas SBD-5 Dauntless and have a P-40B on display that actually survived the attack on Pearl Harbor, being in a maintenance hanger at Wheeler Field during the attack:

https://www.americanheritagemuseum.org/aircrafts/curtiss-p-40b-tomahawk/

If reference photos would be of help, I'd be happy to travel back to this amazing facility to take any photos you need. 

https://www.americanheritagemuseum.org/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a number of copies of flight test reports that I obtained from the Library of Congress and or NASA all relating to the Curtiss P36.  I gathered this info many years ago and passed it on to the '46 dev team when they made the Hawk 75/P36 flyable.  If you need it in future let me know.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 1

Pacific Sig.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 9:19 PM, CP_Admin said:

Dear Pilots,

Feel free to share any information, resources or references about American aircraft that fought in the Pacific Theater 1941-1945. We have great references, but could always use more.

Thanks in advance!

The Combat Pilot Team

https://forum.combatpilot.com/topic/404-will-the-p40c-be-relevant-i-have-high-resolution-cockpit-photos-if-useful/#comment-3699

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m planning on going to the museum here in WA. It’s the Flying Heritage Museum. We have the only Type I Oscar in the entire world. We also have two Zeros as well. Maybe I can sweet talk the docents into letting me take photos. I can see if there is a formal request form if some kind to gain close access to the aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2