Pacific War Aviation Artwork- (not screenshots/game images or real life photos) - Share your favourites

Mysticpuma

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 3:31 AM, Dauntless said:

Thank you Dauntless for bringing this to our attention.  Very sad news indeed.  I have so many of his art works at home that I have run out of wall space.  He painted ships as well as aircraft and captured his subjects so well.  I have many of his fantastic prints signed by himself and various famous aviators.  Also, I have a copy of his HMS Hood signed by one of the only three survivors of that tragedy.  I have also visited the Aces High gallery on a number of occasions and viewed the original of his "Last Flight Home".

As a side note, I highly recommend the Aces High Gallery.  I met Gunther Rall there once (at their old premises) many years back.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 2

On 1/10/2024 at 2:31 PM, Dauntless said:

Oh no. Terrible news indeed. His creativity and breath of vision was outstanding.

This news, coupled with the notification of several eminent aviation modders and skinners passing over on Mission4Today is most unsettling. It feels like an era is coming to a close.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/3/2024 at 2:38 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Pearl Harbor 
Artist: Julien Lepelletier

FB_IMG_1714765058454.jpg.a2c1969f426f2a9a092481ee043764a3.jpg

Julien is the man!  He also has one of Enterprise leaving Pearl early morning on the 8th.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"The crew of a troubled B-29 are grateful to see the charred grounds of Iwo Jima as they return from a mission against Japan in early 1945. After 36 days of bitter fighting, the U.S. Marine Corps managed to liberate the small strategic volcanic island, which enabled many thousands of aircrew to live and fight another day". Artwork by John D. Shaw

HWH.thumb.jpg.5fc6da1c1c425cb65a110481ba2142c6.jpg

• Like 4