Good Music

CP_Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

I have been watching THAT version of the Hawaii Five-O series on and off for the past few months. I am through episode 18 of season 4. 😎

Wheels

Emphasis on that is mine.  In my mind, there only is one version of Steve McGarrett, and that’s Jack Lord.  Not some Bro guy, that’s not him.  I feel the same about Captain Kirk.  William Shatner is the only Captain Kirk.  Some of the remakes just don’t resonate with me, but they aren’t supposed to, because they are recycled fare for newer generations.  Who would play Brody in a new version of Jaws?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea Serpent said:

In my mind, there only is one version of Steve McGarrett, and that’s Jack Lord.

I said the same thing on another forum last November. :classic_cool:

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

On 5/9/2024 at 11:41 PM, Major Lee said:

Another yet Michigan rocker, Kid Rock, sampling Sweet Home Alabama. 😀

Well, hes mosly sampling one of the greatest songs ever written -  "Werewoves of London" by Warren Zevon  (The B side of which @Sea Serpent includes above) and a bit of Bob Seger too. 

I hated the Kid Rock song initially but, once I got over that fact that a sample is a homage to a great riff and the fact he never tried to take credit for others work but openly celebrated it- I got over it! 🙂  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 12:34 AM, Sea Serpent said:

Who would play Brody in a new version of Jaws?

There could never be a new version of Jaws. At least not a facsmile. Its surely one of those untouchable things especially when you know the much talked about off camera difficulties and relationships.

And there is only ever going to be one Quint

quint.jpg.8c23472cd2665145ef8626fdeb4da537.jpg

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies....

Edited by Boo
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Boo said:

Well, hes mosly sampling one of the greatest songs ever written -  "Werewoves of London" by Warren Zevon   @Sea Serpent

I'm aware of that, nothing new under the sun. It's just a great homage to the marvelous summers in Northern Michigan. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well, hes mosly sampling one of the greatest songs ever written -  "Werewoves of London" by Warren Zevon  (The B side of which @Sea Serpent includes above) and a bit of Bob Seger too. 

I just read that Night Moves is in there, but I can’t hear it.  Thematically, the songs are very similar.  Another song that has the same theme of a long-ago, better, carefree youth:

2 hours ago, Boo said:

There could never be a new version of Jaws. At least not a facsmile. Its surely one of those untouchable things especially when you know the much talked about off camera difficulties and relationships.

And there is only ever going to be one Quint

quint.jpg.8c23472cd2665145ef8626fdeb4da537.jpg

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies....

If they were to do a facsimile remake, I have trouble picturing any modern actor as Brody or Hooper, but I can think of a few to play Quint.  First choice is Sean Penn.  Second choice, Travis Fimmel.  Finally I could picture Tom Hardy pulling it off, primarily after seeing him in The Revenant.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sea Serpent said:

I just read that Night Moves is in there, but I can’t hear it.  Thematically, the songs are very similar.  Another song that has the same theme of a long-ago, better, carefree youth:

If they were to do a facsimile remake, I have trouble picturing any modern actor as Brody or Hooper, but I can think of a few to play Quint.  First choice is Sean Penn.  Second choice, Travis Fimmel.  Finally I could picture Tom Hardy pulling it off, primarily after seeing him in The Revenant.

Never really heard it either. But hey! I can rarely get past the pinao rift and singing the wrong lyrics to the song 🙂

Still dont think there can be another Quint although I think Tom Hardy could do an accpetable "son of Quint". I had the pleasure of seeing the last show of "The Shark is Broken" in London. Ian Shaw playing his father was quite something and he also does a very convincing Quint when it came to the "316 men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945" speach. You could hear a pin drop. 

Anyhow - back on topic

The spiritual successor to this little ditty below  even though it took nearly 2 decades to see the light in its own right

And finally one of my favorite early-ish REM tunes and fond memories of Wembly Arena in 1989 when I got to see them live for the first time. 

R.E.M. is a big time favorite band of mine

I listened to this a lot when I was younger and more inclined to feeling sorry for myself:

During more upbeat times, this was one of my go to songs:

Since I mentioned Hindu Love Gods, which I understand to be all the guys from R.E.M. plus Zevon:

• Like 1