Movies and TV Shows

CP_Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tried watching The Bridges at Toko-Ri a few months ago but it just did not hold the same appeal that it did for me when I watched it 20, 30 and even 40 years ago. The flying sequences were still great but the rest of the story just did not work for me anymore.

Wheels

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw The Creator at the theater today.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11858890/

Not one I would be in a hurry to watch again but I did find it an decent watch. IMDb rates it at 7.1/10 but I would rate it closer to a solid 6.

Wheels

• Thanks 1

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Been binge watching the original eleven seasons of Frasier on Amazon Prime the past few days. The episodes are free until the October 31st.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106004/

Wheels

I made it to season 6 episode 21 this time and I remember why I stopped binge watching the series last time. The situations Fraser finds himself in are getting so far fetched just about every episode that it is hard for me to stay interested for the entire episode. I think the formula worked during its initial broadcast run since you had to wait a week between episodes which gave you time to somewhat forget about the last wacky scenario and you were looking forward to spending another day with him and his extended family.

Wheels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 11:43 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Went with another classic TV show when I quit watching Fraser. I am watching the original Hawaii Five-O on Freevee.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062568/

It's another nice trip down nostalgia lane.

Wheels

After watching most of the first season Steve McGarret is a little too hands on with the investigations considering he is supposed to be the top cop of Hawaii. In my opinion his position would have been more political and less boots on the ground.

Wheels

6 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

It would have been boring just watching Danno running around getting all the collars...

Don't know, The Frank Reagan character and the workings of his office are pretty well done in Blue Bloods. Imo that portrayal by Tom Selleck is more in line with what the McGarrett character should have been doing most of the time in Hawaii Five-0. The way it is now McGarrett is practically T.J. Hooker.

Just noticed after all these years that Shatner just reversed the initials for J. T. Kirk & T.J. Hooker,

James Tiberius Kirk, Thomas Jefferson Hooker

Wheels

just like Batman and Robin.

That was a good analogy for the McGarret and Williams characters.

backed up by Danno

I did not know or remember that anyone other than James MacArthur had played the character of Danny (Danno) Williams. In the 2 hour Pilot for the series the character was played by Tim O'Kelly which would have been fine had the Pilot episode aired first like it did when the Pilot originally aired but they re-cut it, CBS during its initial run, and showed it as two one hour episodes at the end of season 1.  Having seen it in that order I would recommend that anyone watching the series watch it in the original airing order so it does not come as such a shock when the Danno you have seen for 23 episodes is not the one in the last two episodes of season 1. Confused the bleep out of me quite frankly.

Wheels

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know what I will be watching next summer. yep.gif.c8c37fe1085a5a0f63a5afc5af56e416.gif.c0302a612660d3d1f4efb749bfb12613.gif

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F
https://youtu.be/qBG3iyr5N70?si=IXbidfrHLi76u0tx

The nostalgia runs deep with this one.

OMG !!, I just looked at the IMDb page for the original Beverly Hills Cop and next summer it will have been FORTY years since the first BHC movie was released. 🤯

Wheels

• Like 1