Article about the color of A6M2b

Felix

Perhaps the hottest topic I have seen discussed/debated on the internet about this kit is the best choice for the "amber grey" used on the IJN Zero's. As you would expect, Eduard did a LOT of research themselves on this topic and if this interests you, even a little, I would strongly recommend you have a read of the article "The Colors of Zero" by Marian Holly on page 48 of the Jan 2022 Eduard INFO magazine.

• Thanks 6

Personally I'm in the ameiro colour scheme camp. There's enough information out by highly knowledgeable people there to support the findings.

Besides which...... it's just such a cool colour! Who wants to fly a dull grey plane eh? 😅

On 5/25/2023 at 1:00 PM, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Will read the article soon, thank you.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:03 PM, Lusekofte said:

Damn that was informative and had nice pictures along with it. Thank you

You are welcome.

On 5/25/2023 at 3:33 PM, Boom said:

Eduard is a marvellous source of highly informed articles. For anyone not familiar with them find them here:
https://www.eduard.com/info-eduard-1-9/

And inline with Japanese markings here is an article (in Eduard) from October 2022. It's on the Tainan Kokutai markings.
https://www.eduard.com/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2022/info-eduard-2022-10-eng-ed.pdf

Thank you for your additional information.