Welcome to Combat Pilot! Please say hello!

CP_Admin

On 4/5/2024 at 1:20 PM, Pierre64 said:

Hi all,

I am Pierre, from France, an old flight simulators enthusiast since…the last century😜

Very happy to join this community and impatient to discover promising progress of Combat Pilot !

Welcome to the forums @Pierre64. :wave:

pierre64.png.ad66dd0bf4c9608e54eebea3b5fc2b58.png

Wheels

• Like 5

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys.
Had drifted away from IL2-FB for a while and just discovered this new upcoming game/sim.
Have played sims since Aces over Pacific and Their Finest Hour. Loved the IL2-PF/1946 series especially on hyperlobby in the day.
Looking forward to bouncing of the back of carriers again............... from a whole new angle. :classic_laugh:

• Like 7

On 6/20/2024 at 2:21 AM, Strewth said:

Hey guys.
Had drifted away from IL2-FB for a while and just discovered this new upcoming game/sim.
Have played sims since Aces over Pacific and Their Finest Hour. Loved the IL2-PF/1946 series especially on hyperlobby in the day.
Looking forward to bouncing of the back of carriers again............... from a whole new angle. :classic_laugh:

Welcome to the Combat Pilot forums @Strewth. :wave:

strewth.png.f37d63bd5b3dd5217a89acca42c00d09.png

Wheels

• Like 4

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

Thanks guys.
Having grown up on Guadalcanal as a kid climbing over war wrecks in the 70's, I crave a decent Pacific Theatre.

Work has been crazy, but I am sure that I will make time for this.
Hopefully it is VR compatible???

I notice that Pimax has the new Pimax Crystal Light out, which has good reviews. Looks like a good upgrade from my Reverb G2.
Now for a sim where they can both compliment each other.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Strewth said:

Hopefully it is VR compatible???

I notice that Pimax has the new Pimax Crystal Light out, which has good reviews. Looks like a good upgrade from my Reverb G2.
Now for a sim where they can both compliment each other.

Welcome!  My understanding is that VR is planned but might not be available immediately after release. 

The Pimax Crystal (and Crystal Light) look amazing, I have tried them both. Important to be aware that Pimax in general requires a lot of tinkering, but if you are a tech-savvy person and have the patience to work through them they are worth the effort.  Definitely takes more effort to get up and make it work properly than other headsets I have used. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:49 PM, Skelthos said:

Welcome!  My understanding is that VR is planned but might not be available immediately after release. 

The Pimax Crystal (and Crystal Light) look amazing, I have tried them both. Important to be aware that Pimax in general requires a lot of tinkering, but if you are a tech-savvy person and have the patience to work through them they are worth the effort.  Definitely takes more effort to get up and make it work properly than other headsets I have used. 

Great news and a delay on VR is okay if they get the physics and gameplay correct.

I tinker on my Reverb G2 and have run it on OpenXR, which gives better performance and frame rates.
Looks like I may have to save some more pennies.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Viking1 said:

Nice to see another PTO sim in development! Aces was a great one in its day lots of room for improvement.

Welcome to the Combat Pilot forums @Viking1! :wave:

viking1.png.edff49db414398626b9655f41377f887.png

Still refer back to your articles on CombatSim from time to time.

Wheels

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, my name is Pablo, I'm 42 years old, and I'm an old gamer.
I live in the extreme south of Brazil, my native language is Portuguese, but I speak Spanish well, and I can communicate in basic English.
I started flying in the old and ancient IL-2 1946

I had a stint at ROF

I did few flights in COD

I made my first flights in the Battle of Stalingrad in 2013...

And I hope to be able to buy Combat Pilot soon. 🤩

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PabloSniper said:

I started flying in the old and ancient IL-2 1946

Hi Pablo, I remember you from the previous websites way back before (Sas1946 and AAA)

Good to see you here now.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Hi Pablo, I remember you from the previous websites way back before (Sas1946 and AAA)

Good to see you here now.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Hi FlyingShark, I remember you too.
Yes, I was an active member of the SAS forum, and I was also a member of an old forum that was a competitor of SAS, it was called All Aircraft Arcade, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums @PabloSniper. :wave:

2 hours ago, PabloSniper said:

it was called All Aircraft Arcade, if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct. It was All Aircraft Arcade and then it became All Aircraft Simulations when Deutchmark took over the helm. The site was supposed to remain online even though Deutchmark passed away a few months ago but the new version of the site seems to be gone now too since I keep getting an Unable to Connect error when I try to go to the site.

unable_to_connect-01.png.3ff35466fa46e147936dc79922e3f334.png

Is it down shows that the site is offline too.

down_detector.png.315c684869d0d682427194285be35621.png

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
I added the "is it down" information and image.
  • Sad 1