Discussion of Special Announcment

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Attention Pilots! 

We are happy to announce our new Patreon, the Combat Pilot Store, future Development Plans, and a nice surprise! We appreciate everyone’s previous, current, and future support! 

We also thought you might enjoy some nice pre-Alpha footage! Don’t forget to check out our Patreon and the Combat Pilot Store!

patreon.com/combatpilot
combatpilot.store

You can discuss this announcement HERE.

The Combat Pilot Team

Full Announcement HERE!

Jason

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

Question regarding how buying the smaller moduels works. You said the small ones will add up to the release of a big one. If I bought all of the smaller ones (CQ, AC and NW)would I get a discount on the release of the big one (Midway Inv)?

Either way looks incredible and I'll absolutely be getting that B17 when its released.

• Like 1

• Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
1 minute ago, Squeaky said:

Question regarding how buying the smaller moduels works. You said the small ones will add up to the release of a big one. If I bought all of the smaller ones (CQ, AC and NW)would I get a discount on the release of the big one (Midway Inv)?

Either way looks incredible and I'll absolutely be getting that B17 when its released.

No they will be priced in a way so that when you buy them all you will have paid the total price for the full module. At least that's the plan. We want to try and keep it simple for everyone. 

Jason

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

B-17!! I don't care who made it, as long as it's been made and we'll be able to strap it on.

I'm jazzed on every aspect of the Midway release, and then Solomons/Guadalcanal? Hell yes.  

• Like 4

Patreon £25 UK + Vat is £30 vs $25 US

So the UK pays $39.10 for the same access? If this was a physical purchase delivered and shipped, that would be understandable, but it's a digital online product and forum. 

Disappointing.

Screenshot_20241018_160016_Chrome.thumb.jpg.37d9de7060043307e04cf08fbae4acee.jpg

Edited by Mysticpuma
Additional info

6 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

We want to try and keep it simple for everyone. 

I hope there will be a „buy everything“ button in the store that just completes ones library instead of having to go though what one has so far etc. Especially individual plane mudules that also are part of some bundles just create a mess.

It sure looks promising! I sure noticed the „russian“ horizon on the HUD. Old habits, huh?

Looking at the plane modules, where two of the three planes that are presented are either of long (Zero) and extremely long endurance (B17), much of the game will depend on how gameplay allows time compression (time accelleration/jump to waypoint/autopilot) to really capitalize on those assets and not succumb to plain airquake (that will always be one way of playing the game).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

Patreon £25 UK, $25 US

So the UK pays $32 for the same access?

Screenshot_20241018_155553_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3ade1d8b7af9c64abdbf4dda10673ba2.jpg

I paid a total of £24.09 for the Patreon (includng the $5.00 tax Patreon adds).  It might work out a little more than our friends over the water pay but our cheese is better so swings and roundabouts... 

Edited by Boo

2 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

It's actually $39.10

😬

See, that it is why sometimes it can come handy that we can print money until parity to the Euro is reached and get away with that and produce about the equivalent of our GDP in cash essentially for free, and all without getting bombed for it…

The world is weird. But a 30% markup just for convenience I find on the high side as well.

Hmmmm "We did not build this model ourselves".... coincidentally, Team Fusion are building a B-17 for "Fortresses and Focke Wulfs"?

I wonder if some work is going on in the background to bring other members of TFS over to CP? 🤔

Either way, it's great news for Combat Pilot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

Hmmmm "We did not build this model ourselves".... coincidentally, Team Fusion are building a B-17 for "Fortresses and Focke Wulfs"?

I wonder if some work is going on in the background to bring other members of TFS over to CP? 🤔

Either way, it's great news for Combat Pilot.

Mind you, TF are making an -E with Bendix turret (at least that's what has been shown on their side so far) instead of an -F with Sperry as seen on Jason's video. Their Fort is also supposed to have only some of crew stations modelled and implemented.

Ironically, -E would be more correct match for Midway, but -F is better suited for later Solomons scenario.

Granted, maybe some cooperation is taking place indeed, but, as explained, more info will be revealed to us in due time.

• Like 1

Great stuff!  Thanks a lot.  :classic_biggrin:  Very nice surprise.  :jawdrop:

I look forward to purchasing the smaller modules along the way as soon as they are available.  :pilotfly:

Happy landings,

image.png.6113cc24a0f38a8a7679d264a0525814.png

Talisman

Edited by Talisman

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

It's actually $39.10

1 hour ago, ZachariasX said:

The world is weird. But a 30% markup just for convenience I find on the high side as well.

@Mysticpuma @ZachariasX. Im likely missing something but Im failing to see the drama. From what I gathered I paid it was $25.00 plus $5.00 sales tax which, I understand is something out of CPs control and based on where we, the patron, is in the world (CP being a commercial entity not a Git hub modder). So $30.00 total. Looking at my paypal that has equated to £24.09 at their exchange rate and this is what was debited from my account. As far as I can tell thats neither $39.10 (£30.01) nor a 30% (£32.50) mark up on the true GBP/Dollar exchange rate (£23.02).  Its a bit less favourable than the true exchange rate but I'll happily sacrifice the £1 odd difference for the sake of clicking 1 button.