Aces of thunder

Not interested... note the bit where it's in cockpit, plane on the ground, slam throttle full forward, and off you go... so yes a 'realistic' WWII flight sim... laughable!

Having said that, one thing I learned, this is another version of War Thunder that has 'proper' vr implemented not a workaround, so that should please the vr crowd... also, the old WT engine cannot cope with all the controls system needed, so it looks like this version has a new engine, so more functionality for the WT fan base...

Edited by Trooper117
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looking at this for the 'starving' VR players on PS5, I think this is going to be a pretty popular addition. Also, let's be honest, anything that drives interest on consoles, could eventually lead to PC player bases expanding when they feel the game is a little hollow.

• Like 3

It is a War Thunder spin-off that really dampens any enthusiasm or interest a person could have.  That said I do think a game like this has value as it can get people interested in flight sims to begin with. Then hopefully they can be pulled across to our side of the fence and expand the market for non-arcade sims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2024 at 9:27 PM, Mysticpuma said:

Looking at this for the 'starving' VR players on PS5, I think this is going to be a pretty popular addition. Also, let's be honest, anything that drives interest on consoles, could eventually lead to PC player bases expanding when they feel the game is a little hollow.

TL:DR - I dont with anything derived from WT console will provide a drift of players into traditional PC based combact sims in any noticable way. 

The advantage of a console is that you can put the controller in a drawer or on a charging stand and you cant set stuff up quickly without being to distracted so as not to miss out on the next cat dancing video on tik-tok. Then you can get out the white steering wheel if you fancy a change.  To properly sim, well first you need a decent PC not just a £700 social media browser, then you need all the outboard, and then you either need a permanent space or a good stoarge solution and then you have to be prepared to compromise on quality. Given many think the PS5-VR is expensive,  the dollar needed to PC-VR would likely be insurmountable for the majority. 

I dont buy that people dont combat sim because noone like planes anymore. WT and MSFS are proof of that. I think its more that they dont because it takes more money,  space and time than many have for a hobby. Im sure some drift over but not in saviour numbers. As the above video points out - the number for PS5 and PS VR users playing WT are simply are not there. And if they aint there for WT I pretty sure they wont be there for a full fat sim. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Boo said:

I think its more that they dont because it takes more money, space and time than many have

I don't, because the offered gameplay is so crap that it doesn't merit the purchase of the necessary hardware anymore. The Il-2 GB series cured me of playing flight sims in 2019. Since then I have found it just as easy and much cheaper to follow developments from the sidelines. Without having to put up with the frustration and expense of the hardware requirements, plus the shambolic drip-feed of plane/maps that ultimately leads to nowhere. If a developer can deliver something extraordinary enough to make it worth spending $2000 or more on fresh equipment I'll give it a go.  Anything less than that and I'll just watch it for a few minutes on youtube.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I don't, because the offered gameplay is so crap that it doesn't merit the purchase of the necessary hardware anymore. The Il-2 GB series cured me of playing flight sims in 2019. Since then I have found it just as easy and much cheaper to follow developments from the sidelines. Without having to put up with the frustration and expense of the hardware requirements, plus the shambolic drip-feed of plane/maps that ultimately leads to nowhere. If a developer can deliver something extraordinary enough to make it worth spending $2000 or more on fresh equipment I'll give it a go.  Anything less than that and I'll just watch it for a few minutes on youtube.

I should have perhaps added "than many have for the overall experience offered". 

• Like 4