guess the bird...

javelina

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

It's something Italian for sure...

seems like it.  An MC.200?

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

48 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

I found this in all kinds of non-standard markings but decided to not try for a "gotcha" example.

8c564accef54db23a6836d25436d4ca8.jpg

I doubt markings would mask the memory ingraining fuglyness of this beast! 🙂

Edited by Boo
  • Like 1

It is the Breda Ba.65.

Finding an aircraft, even wartime combat aircraft, without this emblazoned below the cockpit was a bit of a challenge. What’s up with that?

It was also displayed with at least four distinctly different national markings. Lastly, I even found an example in US Navy Stars, meatball, and tail bars. Not sure if that one was real or just a really good photoshop.

Nonetheless, I find this AC (without defensive turret) really interesting with its 1930’s inverted windscreen, sliding canopy, and semi-faired rearward retracting main gear. It served with distinction in the SCW but was largely obsolete by the time it was called upon in WWII.

• Like 1

Fett

“I’d say we’re offering a fair deal under the circumstances.”

1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

It is the Breda Ba.65.

Finding an aircraft, even wartime combat aircraft, without this emblazoned below the cockpit was a bit of a challenge. What’s up with that?

This is where I came across it: 

9781841769912.jpg

A really interesting sideshow in WW2. Loads of old biplanes plus Airspeed Oxfords hastily converted to carry bombs, and a few Bf110s and He111s carrying Iraqi markings but still with Luftwaffe crews.

Edited by Chief_Mouser
  • Like 2

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

1 hour ago, Chief_Mouser said:

This one is so odd that you can have two pictures:

odd_01.jpg

Odd_02.jpg

I've had a go today so I'll duck the answer but its what happens if you ignore the assembly instructions or lock up all your good aircraft designers. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

This one is so odd that you can have two pictures:

odd_01.jpg

Odd_02.jpg

So. If you type Russian Experimental Bomber into Google you get...

The Belyayev DB-LK

Why Russian? - well cos if you tap in "American experimental bomber" you dont  🙂 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chief_Mouser said:

Such a strange plane.

Fast for its time but as unstable as a career in aircraft design was under Stalin. 

OK - The image is a bit restricted but I think there are enough hints for someone to get this pretty quickly

Guess10.jpg.375c6d11493d42f710ea936ea6284cb8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I guessed the manufacturer but not the model (don't think I've ever seen this bird before which is very remiss of me).

As I only knew half of the answer someone else can have a go.

🍻

• Like 3

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

26 minutes ago, Chief_Mouser said:

I guessed the manufacturer but not the model (don't think I've ever seen this bird before which is very remiss of me).

As I only knew half of the answer someone else can have a go.

🍻

Those nacels are somethng of a trademark for sure. One of my favorite manufacturers. So bonkers at times that they could have been French.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3