Indy 500!

Major Lee

Posted (edited)

I am looking forward to the Indy 500 this year! Speeds are off the chain. Entire first row qualified at over 234mph and the 2nd and 3rd rows are over 233mph! This is going to be a fast race and the weather is looking good for Sunday. My wife gets me a box of Kentucky Fried Chicken, then heads out with her friends and I watch the race in peace. 😎

Indy 500 lineup page.pdf

Edited by Major Lee
Humility...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It's been a tradition to go over to my brother-in-laws.  He makes a big party out of it, with lots of side bets.  Also, some good bloody mary's too...  (earlier start over here in the Desert Southwest....)  😁

Edited by javelina
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've always wondered how one of these 250#, 700hp V6 twin turbo Indy engines would do in a little pylon racer style airplane, just maybe a bit more modern and aerodynamic, but still just a little retro looking.(Yeah, nearly 3 horsepower per pound of engine!)

https://honda.racing/indy-car-series/machines/car-specifications

Kalamazoo Airzoo: Travel Air Mystery Ship.

20240413_131636.jpg

20240413_131544.jpg

• Like 3

For me the ultimate headline in tomorrow's paper would be...

Spider-man wins number five!!!

Four time winner Helio Castroneves does what everyone thought was impossible at the beginning of yesterday's race with his win and becomes the first 5 time Indy 500 winner...

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

I was hoping Scott McLaughlin would do better than 6th given his record breaking qualifier speed. Helio at 20th was disappointing, for sure. Pato should have held off on passing Newgarden until the last lap; he now knows for next time that leading the 199th lap is not a good thing when the guy you just passed is faster than you. We'll see in 2025. The crashes sure thinned the field, starting right on the first lap. 11DNFs, including Will Power! 

• Like 1