Hi!

crash

Another guy back from the CFS days. Made lots of models back in the CFS2 days once I saw we were missing Hawaii facilities and we needed more ships. I created the Pearl Harbor Project for CFS2 back in the early 2k's. Love seeing the modeling work! This looks top notch!

In the meantime I am building in Unreal Engine.

No photo description available.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, crash said:

Another guy back from the CFS days. Made lots of models back in the CFS2 days once I saw we were missing Hawaii facilities and we needed more ships. I created the Pearl Harbor Project for CFS2 back in the early 2k's. Love seeing the modeling work! This looks top notch!

In the meantime I am building in Unreal Engine.

No photo description available.

@Jason_Williams

Welcome aboard Crash, good to see players from. The 'old' days 👍

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Spent the weekend looking around. Great to hear about Unreal Engine. I started out working in Unity back in 2016. Moved to Unreal fulltime back in 2021.  I would consider myself more an environmental artist and modeler. Have spent a ton of time working on landscapes, grabbing geodata and converting it to use for landscapes.

Modeling a very large island was challenging at first but Unreal is making strides at very large worlds.

Been working on building the entire island of Oahu as it looked in December 41. Idea is to be able to don a VR set and be able to walk, drive,sail and yes fly around the island. Been working to model all 96 ships in harbor that day and all the facilities around the island.  So yeah have seen a lot.

Good friends with the Task Force Admiral crew... and would love to see this sim come to fruition.  There is a lot in Unreal and it will take time to see if it can give us all we need.

Edited by crash
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...