DCS and DCS WWII

46 minutes ago, Sea Serpent said:

I suppose I could skip all the weapons the Falcon has to offer and pretend I’m a member of the Air National Guard, where as flight lead of a tight parade formation, my mission is to be time-on-target, flying over Football stadiums, just as the Star Spangled Banner ends.

wait a minute, you're onto a cool training mission! I would fly this!!!  😁

• Haha 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 6/18/2024 at 2:28 AM, Sea Serpent said:

Kiowa, Viggen, Viper, or Chinook?

Halfghanistan is about to drop as well and your miles would cover the full version of map if you havent already committed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

During the sale, I also decided to get this plane.  Its just a simple little jet, but judging by the constant refinements in the change logs, its a really solid simulation of an airplane.  It isn't going to screw up your F-4 studies, either.  It really is a wimpy jet, with an engine that sounds like a vacuum cleaner, not a jet. but it made for some fun flying this afternoon.  I wanted to get it because I was very impressed with the Aerges Mirage, and the Aviodev team that makes this plane is a related team.  Just like the two-seat Mirage, this one is also fun flying from the back seat.

Here is me close to a bird

birds1.thumb.jpg.d82299d4188c97136876f4327da5d3e6.jpg

land1.thumb.jpg.5ca55d20a6a49b89c1e295edf998eac5.jpg

• Like 5

I don't know what it is about flying from the back seat of an airplane like this, but it wasn't as difficult as I would have thought, and its more fun than I expected.  Maybe its the way it sounds, or something, and its more felt in the back seat, but it feels heavy, like airliner heavy. But its like the easiest aircraft you'll ever get "on speed" with the indexer.  Also, the back seat sits high enough over the front, that the back even has its own independent gunsight, with very little view obstruction. This plane doesn't require a tremedous amount of brain power to operate, which is frequently welcome on my end, these days.  Pretty cool fake aggressor scheme too.

nice12.thumb.jpg.55786337201e796281e0952f27e56b8a.jpg

bslanding.thumb.jpg.53d39a7240a435afb4fe0891768b21bf.jpg

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 6

DCS WWII, K-4 dogfight with a P-51 from Growling Sidewinder, two engagement... excellent fights, watch till the end, plus the sounds in game are awesome... this is what WWII air combat should sound like. The engine sounds, wow!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now that I think about it, tomorrow they will probably release FC2024, wont they?  I don’t have much interest in that myself, but it wouldn’t surprise me if graphical updates come to the FF Sabre, MiG-15, and F-5.  I think they still look very good, inside and out, but they could always use an update.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Sea Serpent said:

Now that I think about it, tomorrow they will probably release FC2024, wont they?  I don’t have much interest in that myself, but it wouldn’t surprise me if graphical updates come to the FF Sabre, MiG-15, and F-5.  I think they still look very good, inside and out, but they could always use an update.

me neither, I have the full fidelity models for those birds. 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 3 weeks later...

downloading...  man, lots of stuff in this one (especially via HB).

• Like 2

“AI Ground. Added the ability for SAM to evade ARM (enabled by default, but can be disabled in Set Options - Evasion of ARM). Units that detect the missile will turn off their radar(s) and displace. Units that cannot move quickly will simply turn off their radar(s). The higher the skill level, the higher the likelihood that the air defence unit will react to the incoming ARM”

Good to see they are giving the ground units some smarts, like this.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Boo said:

DCS is now rocking nearly 700GB.

Im going to have to uninstall my Pepper PIg World Adventures once the full Afghan map is released. 

I've got a flip'n 2TB NVMe just dedicated for DCS...   insane....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Boo said:

DCS is now rocking nearly 700GB.

Im going to have to uninstall my Pepper PIg World Adventures once the full Afghan map is released. 

No!!!!   😁

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, javelina said:

I've got a flip'n 2TB NVMe just dedicated for DCS...   insane....

High capacity is becoming more and more necessary. I'm running 2 4TB NVME drives right now and considering a 3rd... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skelthos said:

High capacity is becoming more and more necessary. I'm running 2 4TB NVME drives right now and considering a 3rd... 

Indeed!  I have 4x 2TB NVMe drives, with the O/S on a dedicated one.  I have a 2TB SSD as well that I use as my "junk" drive for those Steam games I haven't played in a while.  🙂

At some point I'm sure I'll have to swap out some of the 2TB NVMe's for a much larger capacity system.  But so far, having 10TB's of storage, I've been managing. 

• Like 2

.... I remember when 1TB was furture proof. Then again I also remember people telling me that the compact disc was a flash in the pan....

The list of what I need when I eventually return to simming next year grows ever longer...

• Like 3