Hey there Combat Pilots

Tex01

Thrilled to see a Pacific based WW2 flight sim.

I'm not a hardcore sim pilot but have been in Aces High for almost 20 years and about half of that with VF-17. The vast majority of that has been in the seat of F4U's and the Grumman Cats. Looking forward to seeing what comes from this project and know this will grab the attention of my squad mates.

<S> Tex01

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Tex01 said:

Thrilled to see a Pacific based WW2 flight sim.

I'm not a hardcore sim pilot but have been in Aces High for almost 20 years and about half of that with VF-17. The vast majority of that has been in the seat of F4U's and the Grumman Cats. Looking forward to seeing what comes from this project and know this will grab the attention of my squad mates.

<S> Tex01

Did AH ever progress after ~2005? I played a ton back then when the numbers online could be as high as 300 but it became a bit boring when numbers dropped and it seemed like Dale just didn't give a crap anymore..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 556.12 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3810 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

5 hours ago, GPatricks said:

Did AH ever progress after ~2005? I played a ton back then when the numbers online could be as high as 300 but it became a bit boring when numbers dropped and it seemed like Dale just didn't give a crap anymore..

I'd say yes, enough so it's AH3. Aircraft and vehicles added up to mid 2010's, ships all were remodeled, ground tiles have been remolded, new sound system. From those that use VR, they say it's better than any of the other flight games they use. P-38 was remolded last year i believe.

I think people claiming Dale didn't give a crap is because he didn't do what ever it was they specifically wanted. There are people still claiming that even though he's still working on the game despite some pretty major health issues in the last year that slowed him down. For someone to not give a crap that's a ton of work that went into a game that's still going.

The 300+ arena's were still going up till the graphics update to AH3 around 2015-2017. Lost some people because they refused to upgrade 20+ year old computers, probably same ones saying he didn't care.

• Like 2

I tried AHIII a couple years ago, the graphics (to me) looked exactly like they did the last time I played and there were only 18 people online (in all theaters combined). Again (to me) it looked like the same old game.. Sorry to hear about his health, I was at the 1st two AH Cons way back when, had a blast.

Edited by GPatricks
  • Like 3

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 556.12 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3810 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS  with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR

• 2 months later...

TEX!!!!

I just showed up thanks to a friendly PM from a guy over at IL-2...well I just decided to get back into the game a good bit more than in the past.

• Like 5

AH Callsign Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006

20 hours ago, Reschke said:

TEX!!!!

I just showed up thanks to a friendly PM from a guy over at IL-2...well I just decided to get back into the game a good bit more than in the past.

😁

On 12/5/2023 at 8:34 AM, Reschke said:

TEX!!!!

Reschke, Nice to see another Pirate!!

We had some water damage at the house, not to bad but enough to ground me for the last month. Next week I should be back up in AH. Been thinking about trying out IL-2.

1 minute ago, Tex01 said:

Reschke, Nice to see another Pirate!!

We had some water damage at the house, not to bad but enough to ground me for the last month. Next week I should be back up in AH. Been thinking about trying out IL-2.

Let me know when you get back up and going and I'll probably make the jump into AH again for a while. I'm struggling with my joystick setup in the SAS BAT mods for IL-2. New rig doesn't like the game as much as my old one liked it. Might have to move the old stuff into a dedicated old school sim rig.

• Like 1

AH Callsign Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006