Red Dead Redemption 2...

Trooper117

This is probably the best open world game I have ever played... if you have never heard of it or played it, I urge you to watch these videos and think about giving it a go... if you love stories about the old West or western films you should enjoy this game.

• Like 1

I echo what you said M8.  RDR2 is a gem.  One of the best games I've played to date.

Edited by javelina
syntax

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

18 minutes ago, szelljr said:

I have couple' hours in the game...☺️

Untitled-1.jpg

\

holy sheep sh**, you need to get some air! 😄  (Really, that's awesome buddy!)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yeah, I guess you could say I like Red Dead 2...

Snapchat-1207251470.thumb.jpg.e6a619bdfbebb38a8a96a8eb6dff7793.jpg

I put a ton of hours into the online with a buddy and on my own back during Covid Lockdowns. Kinda a shame they gave up on it. Could have had a ton of potential. Lately I've been doing another singleplayer playthrough and remembering just how much detail there is compared to the toned down Multiplayer world. Really is something

• Like 1

image.png.950ab8e44f4b029d49e00675dee3245c.png

Working signatures? What a novel concept!

On 5/31/2023 at 6:07 AM, MustangMike said:

Yeah, I guess you could say I like Red Dead 2...

Snapchat-1207251470.thumb.jpg.e6a619bdfbebb38a8a96a8eb6dff7793.jpg

I put a ton of hours into the online with a buddy and on my own back during Covid Lockdowns. Kinda a shame they gave up on it. Could have had a ton of potential. Lately I've been doing another singleplayer playthrough and remembering just how much detail there is compared to the toned down Multiplayer world. Really is something

nice shooter, you can 3D print that bad boy.  I have one about 2/3rd's complete.  One day will finish that project too.  🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Going to ask the dumb question, because that’s how I learn: how do you get to the “open world” part?

I have RDR2. I’m an hour in, at most, if that. So far there was a cut scene, then they had me walk to a house, then the comp took over for a cut scene, then I was told to go to a barn to gather some things, then a cut scene, then I was told to trudge through the snow to find a guy on a mountain, then a cut scene, yadda. For me, it’s been 80% watching a movie while the computer is in control and 20% of me gathering things I’ve been told to gather.

I thought it’d be like Far Cry where I could go and do whatever I wanted wherever I wanted, but so far I’ve not been able. Is there a way to do this? Or is this just how the game is? Appreciate any help/info. 😀

2 hours ago, JFM said:

Okay, cool, thanks! I guess I was just a bit impatient. Everyone says how awesome the game is, so I'll push on. 

you'll love it!  it's a great game!

• Like 1

Single player. I know mostly nothing as well! I stopped playing it a couple months ago. I’ll probably start over from scratch and just grind through the cut scenes to become familiar again with the key settings, etc, to prepare for the open world freedom. 

• Like 1