Welcome to Combat Pilot! Please say hello!

CP_Admin

Hello all, looking forward to a PTO sim! I have always have had a fascination with aircraft in this theater weather it be army or navy. Hopefully we'll see some land based maps as well like Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.

cheers and best of luck

Edited by Cold_Archer
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

S!

Been kicking around since the Rise of Flight days. Am extremely interested to see where this project goes. The PTO and especially Wildcats and Zeroes is a particular interest. Here's hoping for the best!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from New Zealand!

I've been a flight sim enthusiast for as long as they've existed and also an avid consumer of WW2 history; a tragic period for millions, but also a seemingly endless source of stories of true heroism and bravery (terms that are chronically overused these days).

I came across Combat Pilot having read (or at least listened to the audiobook version of) the book "Enterprise: America's Fightingest Ship and the Men Who Helped Win World War II" by Barrett Tillman, which I'd highly recommend (even if only to be able to say the word Fightingest!). The stories of the Big E and her various Captains, crew and battles are astounding and to be able to re-enact any aspect, in any small way, would be a wonderful thing. I can't believe it's been so long since this aspect of aerial warfare has been tackled in a sim!

To fly CAP, go on recon/scout missions, dive-bomb some enemy flat-tops, support ground invasions and attempt torpedo-runs on tankers and battleships... then return to the fleet and try to catch the wire on a pitching deck... ideally in an immersive VR experience. Wow. If you can tick any of those boxes, it will be stunning.

Good luck to the whole team. Can't wait to see what you produce and, if the opportunity arises, to help in any way I can. I hope to be able to call myself a (virtual) plank owner at some point in the future. 

• Like 7

🫡 all!

I used to do a bit of WW2 combat flying in the IL-2 '46 days. I was the C/O of No. 457 Squadron vRAAF. We closed operations in June of 2022. I haven't really been flying much since then and have been looking for something new to sink my teeth into.

There's an a lot of familiar names in these forums!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Squog said:

🫡 all!

I used to do a bit of WW2 combat flying in the IL-2 '46 days. I was the C/O of No. 457 Squadron vRAAF. We closed operations in June of 2022. I haven't really been flying much since then and have been looking for something new to sink my teeth into.

There's an a lot of familiar names in these forums!

Yes there is. Glad to see another one. :classic_cool:

Hello and Welcome to the forums @Squog. :wave:

squog.png.0af55ecb6037ef51a1e7a8d1c2c96f35.png

Wheels

• Like 2

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello: I'm looking forward to this sim as I enjoy the Pacific theater mission. I flown in Warbirds in the late 90's and Ace High and IL 2 Pacific theater and enjoyed the Combat in that theater. I tried other sim in jets and what they had in WWII but none had the Pacific theater, to me nothing like coming back from a mission and land on an aircraft carrier which at time worst than combat. I hope this sim takes off and looking forward to it.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"We're On A Mission From God"  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi all,

I am Pierre, from France, an old flight simulators enthusiast since…the last century😜

Very happy to join this community and impatient to discover promising progress of Combat Pilot !

• Like 5