guess the bird...

javelina

I chose the 188 because I have a genuine fondness for all things Bristol, wings or wheels I like Bristol's designs.  Odd for someone on this side of the Atlantic I suppose, but I've always liked their approach.  My dream car is a Bristol 411 which over here is near total unobtainium. 

• Like 2

Pacific Sig.jpg

4 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

…I like Bristol's….

….I've always liked their approach…. 

Difficult to argue with EL🫡

Okay, it’s Sea Serpents turn as he obviously knows it’s an Auster. Therefore he must now put a picture up or pass on it and open it up to any takers.

If you know the answer don’t be coy, just say it.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Who says he's right though, eh?

About bristols? He’s dead right.😎

2 hours ago, Major Lee said:

I'll jump in if that's OK. Here's one at a local museum. This is a very rare bird.

20240413_131427.jpg

I have no idea but I like your style 🤙

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I dont think there is anyone here who would even think of doing it then claiming knowledge (whats the point) but if you post pics directly from the interweb, they can be found with a google search in an instant. You can also still inspect the metadata which often mentions what the image is. 

If you want to keep the mystery, shove the image through something like paint or gimp and crop or flip it then resave. If you dont and are happy to allow people to seak a peek to save hours of dangerous thinking (as i think all would go "oh" then count themselves out) - dont. 

Depends on how much pleasure you take from torturing people i guess 🙂 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Yes he is... but I'm talking about my post, (top tip, it's not an Auster)  🤣

OK, let’s move it forward, because it’s stuck in a rut.  Its a Beaver, but like I said, I don’t feel like being next to post a mystery plane.  Also, somebody still needs to identify Major Lee’s Howard GH-2 Nightingale.

• Confused 2

Alright, the aircraft in question is a very rare (only one in a museum, and there is apparently one still flying??), as only six were ever built. This a Waco VPF, built for the Guatemalan air force, circa 1937.

Screenshot_20240710_105819_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240710_110704_Brave.jpg

• Thanks 4

I only got the Yak-52 because I’m an unmatched aircraft genius,lol. 🤢. And he even made it look convincingly like a 1940s photo.  I got lucky on that one.

However, when I typed in ‘xv270’ into the search engine, it showed me the Airfix model of a Beaver, otherwise my guess would have been a Taylorcraft Auster, which isn’t even close. Just FYI for future mystery aircraft.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

OK, time for a reset.  Try this one...

guess.png.6f759a4ff6e1e3b25824fe01a0d0c431.png

I cant past thinking "Mig" but the top air scoop and too forward exhaust stacks stump me. 

• Like 3