The Most Important Man on the Carrier

To a returning pilot, the single most important man on the ship was the Landing Signal Officer LSO. You could literally live or die according to his judgement and your ability to follow his instructions. I hope to see a very well modeled LSO on the port stern. Realistic human movement has become a reality for PC games, certainly within the UnReal environment. Might need to find an old LSO somewhere to do some motion capture. 🤔 

lsopaddl.jpg

2ab1b93d6449859478a37d5038662caf.jpg

OIP (6).jpeg

OIP (7).jpeg

LSO Signals Modified.jpg

Retired LSO giving a short demonstration below:

https://youtube.com/shorts/M9kSnl4a-gg?si=7DgmE08sEtL2Uial

Edited by Major Lee
Added LSO video
  • Like 7

In modern DCS, the IFLOLS (landing light system) is hard to read on a screen, so they added in an optional pop up that shows the lights, that appears after you call the ball.  I suggest something similar, but instead of lights, you get a pop up of the LSO waving the flags paddles.

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Sea Serpent said:

In modern DCS, the IFLOLS (landing light system) is hard to read on a screen, so they added in an optional pop up that shows the lights, that appears after you call the ball.  I suggest something similar, but instead of lights, you get a pop up of the LSO waving the flags paddles.

Didn't they do that in CFS2?

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.