Combat Pilot Hype!

Hey everyone! I'm assuming from the Stormbirds article that we'll be getting an engine tailor made for this type of theater, so hopefully we'll get to see a good reflection of the naval warfare present at Midway, the Coral Sea, and Wake Island. My head goes crazy with expectations thinking about it, but I'll bring myself down until we get more info. 🤪

I look forward to tracking this game's development, the last time I looked this forward to a game was probably when IL-2 Battle of Kuban was announced.

What is everyone else looking forward to seeing in-game?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, milopugdog said:

Hey everyone! I'm assuming from the Stormbirds article that we'll be getting an engine tailor made for this type of theater, so hopefully we'll get to see a good reflection of the naval warfare present at Midway, the Coral Sea, and Wake Island. My head goes crazy with expectations thinking about it, but I'll bring myself down until we get more info. 🤪

I look forward to tracking this game's development, the last time I looked this forward to a game was probably when IL-2 Battle of Kuban was announced.

I'm just hoping it's a modern version of 1942: Pacific Air War, with the modern technology used to ensure that.

The Physics (Flight/Weaponry/Weather) is genre leading.
The number of units/guns/bullets is such that it feels like it's a full fidelity simulation of historic battles.

Reason I am hopeful is Jason’s insights in what works and what’s not. He has a clear memory on what a game engine need to deliver. 
I like a ww2 sim to have a complex dm and complex fm. Not to operate but can handle the technology that was about at that time. 
I am thinking fuel , drop tanks and hit boxes that simulate realistic damage. I like a good communication and ai that works well. 
This is all time consuming wishes. And costly. But that is what I wish for

In the Stormbirds article you ask what community members want. I would like a realistic flight model and realistic carrier landings. Historical accuracy in general is a bit less important to me. In Il-2 and DCS I merely do 1 versus 1 dogfights and flying around to get a feel for the airplanes.

• Like 1

In addition to everything else good that is in the IL-2, the main thing for me is offline. Long offline. Those. either a career or a dynamic campaign. Otherwise, it will be like in DCS, cool planes, cool maps... but there is nothing to play.🙂

I wish the developers good luck. More good simulators!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, milopugdog said:

Eventually would like to see three maps I enjoyed playing in the old Pacific Fighters: Guadalcanal (CACTUS Air Force versus Japanese raids coming from Rabaul), New Guinea, and India-Burma.  Glad Combat Pilot initially plans to have aircraft carriers but somewhat surprised by that given carrier complexity.  Regardless, the announcement of the launch of Combat Pilot is absolutely terrific news.  I wish Jason and his team all the best.  You can count on my support!

Edited by No105_Swoose

Looking forward to a WWII PTO sim, it's been so long since I played Pacific Fighters. I hear people talking about MP, SP..... seems everyone forgot what it's like to actually navigate using a compass, HAYRAKE, and lots of luck...., hope we get a PBY, and Scout SBD's. And a flyable B-26 to fly down the flightdeck of a Japanese carrier. Torpedoes, deck crews on the boat, and the ability to survive ditching or bailing at sea. 

Cheers

Hoss

• Like 2

Semper Fortis __ Semper Anticus

I dont need or expect perfect FM, DM or ultra realistic graphics....just new improved il2 facific fighters look alike sim with VR support....everything more will be bonus!

This was one of the best news lately and my gaming focus has shifted here, my wallet found new objective, will support it as much as i can!

Edited by Ribbon