[PLANE SET] My wish for the first release

4 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

I may do one of these for mid-late war PTO. Myabe for like a release two years later or something?

why not?  It's a great topic.  Keep it rolling.  Throw in a F6F or F4U.  🙂 

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 8/11/2023 at 5:56 AM, Feldgrün said:

I like the list, but I'd be happy with at least these for Battle of Midway:

US

• F4F-4 'WILDCAT' 
  • TBD-1 'DEVASTATOR' 
  • SBD-3 'DAUNTLESS' 

Japanese

• A6M2-21 'ZEKE' 
  • B5N 'KATE' 
  • D3A1 'VAL' 

It would be great to have the land based planes from Midway (F2A, TBF-1, B-17 & B-26s), as well as a PBY, but that may be asking too much for an initial launch. 

just make rest AI only, if they go route of GB where every airplane have to be hman controled, its gona be long wait , and not big varaiti in airplanes especialy on Japan side. 3 v 3 you pointed out is good start for small group that have to make game from nothing.

• Like 1

Info is slim, but if they are doing Midway first, then there needs to be a:

B-26... long shot

PBY... really long shot

F4Fx Wildcat

SBDx

TBD Devastator

F2A Buffalo

Don't know if there is going to be a nix on AI B-17s.

IJN, because IJA was not involved...

Zero A6Mx

Val

Kate

E8N float plane... another long shot.

I'll just be happy to hear torpedoes actually are modeled and work, along with ditching/parachuting into the sea. And Hayrake...

The big guess is where do they go next, Should have done Guam first, but the Japanese actually get to invade, and the US gets to defend, lose, and attack thereafter, then retake. Just use the evolving plane sets. But it will probably be Guadalcanal, which is good, but very long flying distances for the IJA, and IJN planes from the carriers, are shorter.

I hope I don't see mistakes like IL2 where they do a Map for that one battle, but miss out on an evolving map that can be used for later battles. That way we can use the evolving plane sets for early and later battles over the same Island or land mass. DCS is even worse... Sinai map... it's modern, anything interesting that happened there was in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and not much since then either. Philippines, Guam, Guadalcanal, Rabaul, New Guinea, and DCS did get WWII Marianna's map right. But what the hell has happened out there lately?.... NADA... I digress.... sorry. I'll bet the Korean map will be modern too if they build one. Useless.... no Panthers, Corsairs, Skyraiders, the Saber, and Mig are ready along with the Pony.

IL2 is running low on GAS, (give a $hiznit) for me, DCS has hardly any rhyme or reason on maps and plane sets, except for the Normandy 2/Channel, and WWII Mariannas map. but they have a Fair to Midlin (so/so) plane set for any of it. No early ETO planes, no P-38... :classic_angry:

:cheers:

• Like 2

Semper Fortis __ Semper Anticus

On 8/17/2023 at 1:59 PM, Hoss said:

I'll just be happy to hear torpedoes actually are modeled and work, along with ditching/parachuting into the sea. And Hayrake...

IL2 is running low on GAS, (give a $hiznit) for me, DCS has hardly any rhyme or reason on maps and plane sets, except for the Normandy 2/Channel, and WWII Mariannas map. but they have a Fair to Midlin (so/so) plane set for any of it. No early ETO planes, no P-38... :classic_angry:

:cheers:

To the first point: Yeah it is why I included the SOC seagul and the other IJN Floats. Maybe rescuing will be simulated. It would be a nice gameplay mechanic so that there is play for every type of pilot. 

The sceond point about IL-2: Yeah I tried to go fly. The servers are empty now. It is sad because I have so much invested in that game. Well here's to brighter horizon with this SIM. I have full confidence in Jason and his team.

I edited post #1 as far as an explanation like year 1, year 3 ect.

Edited by SOLIDKREATE

• 6 months later...