Good Music

CP_Admin

On 7/3/2023 at 2:26 PM, wheelsup_cavu said:

Gordon Lightfoot  -The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Wheels

Always been a favorite. Great story telling in song. A lost art today.

Here's another Lightfoot song that I've long loved. Sundown was the first of his songs I'd ever heard. This in 1974 while I was still in H.S. I've been a fan since then. I always thought he was singing about a hooker. The actual story is in the link below. I was close but not quite. I really enjoy the Professor of Rock videos. Great backstories. RIP Gordon Lightfoot. You were an amazing songwriter/singer.

• Like 2

The album that made me a lifelong fan, although I already Liked Fairport Convention. He doesn't get over here so much these days so haven't managed to see him for a while.

And for those of you going 'Who?' - don't worry, it's a common reaction; but both the album and Thompson are in Rolling Stone's 'greatest' lists.

I_Want_to_See_the_Bright_Lights_Tonight_(Richard_Thompson_album_-_cover_art).jpg

The Bell Inn, Bath. Live music venue and real ale pub (thebellinnbath.co.uk)

I am in the homepage picture... or I would be if they hadn't cropped off the bottom part of it. 🍻

• 1 month later...

Shameless self promoting, but I have a NWOBHM-esque metal band, just an old man hobby. Kind of a cross between Maiden/Priest/Dio-era Sabbath/Accept/etc. If you hate those bands you’ll hate us. 😀

Anyway, it’s not about the PTO but I wrote a song about the Battle of Britain  as told from the perspective of a Hurricane pilot, called Their Finest Hour. I’ll put a link here to YouTube if interested in checking it out. No video, just sonic bombast. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNE3WXLjnJo&list=OLAK5uy_kbw__AuUuL69g9z5srkXE-YIZDhyb5xfM&index=14&pp=8AUB

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...