Virtual Reality and Motion Platforms

Me too! No monitor and only VR. I actually don't play games without VR(e.g. COD) anymore, the 2D image just doesn't feel right.

As a suggestion... Please implement native OpenXR support alongside with maybe steam VR. OpenXR was the biggest gain in performance for me in DCS, IL-2 or Star Wars Squadrons.

Next to this... An good choice of anti aliasing to get rid off the awful ground shimmer and good performance. The best VR experience is a clean picture. From all the games I find MSFS has done the best job with TAA, DLSS and other choices, like FidelityFX sharpening.

At the bottom line... Implement all the stuff, that we added by changing DLLs or using third party programmes to improve picture and performance.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2023 at 10:38 PM, redcoat said:

I cannot fly anymore without VR.

Exactly! I just picked up MSFS again, and as my PC isn't powerful enough, I'm forced to use 2D. It feels so... cumbersome just looking around. Even without the added immersion factor, a simple thing such as checking a certain dial requires so much effort.

On 5/19/2023 at 11:53 AM, Blooddawn1942 said:

VR is the only way to go once tasted! I also hope Combat Pilot will feature a interface to use the Jetseat which is also a thing I don't want to miss anymore. 

+1!

I just ordered one.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kissTheSky said:

If I may, it would be great if the developers were in contact with Sigma Integrale, and users had 0-day compatibility with that motion platform. 

There was one a few years back that had 360 degree motion. Can't remember who built it though.

Found this one and Eight360 is actually a better design than the one I remember.

Wheels

• Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

7 minutes ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

There was one a few years back that had 360 degree motion. Can't remember who built it though.

Found this one and Eight360 is actually a better design than the one I remember.

Wheels

That looks really good, but without explicit pricing data, I’m willing to bet it is at eye-watering rough order of magnitude 😂.

I wonder how fast its motion profiles are, and how it handles heave. 🤔 

1 hour ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Wheels

Holy heck, they even got Elvis in on it!  Day one purchase for me!  😄

• Haha 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 10 months later...
On 5/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, PacificBound said:

I agree with Charlo. This looks like a very comfy place to hang out.

Haha, comfy? Certainly NOT on 6-DoF platform like my GFORCEfactory! 😵 
That said, I hope more people join in to make a case for an uncomfy (but all the more immersive!) experience with an usable telemetry API from day 1. Not like the missing VR support in MSFS ─ glad we don't need to fight for that like we had back in 2020!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Executive Producer Skystreak Productions
4 minutes ago, Scarpo said:

Maybe this isn't the thread for this but will TrackIR be supported as well?

Already supported. 

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 2 months later...

Have to make a shout out for telemetry output for SimShaker or rkApps software (or similar) to use bass shakers.
This is in my humble opinion a must have in VR 🙂 so early contacts with the developers in this matter would be excellent.

//regards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cannot wait for the release of this sim! VR is the only way to go, I quit gaming 10 years ago, got tired of staring at a flat screen but thanks to the G2 and now a Crystal Light I'm back hook line and sinker.

• Like 2