Images

I am somewhat forum savvy but for the life of me I am unable to find a way to hotlink an image. The IMG tags don't seem to work, at least they don't in the Preview, and the 3 images I have already uploaded have almost exceeded the forum limitations.

[img]https://www.mission4today.com/images/m4tsig.jpg[/img]

Wheels

Edited by wheelsup_cavu
  • Like 1

m4tsig-1.jpg.904ee58d95dd093266899d1cb845809a.jpg

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

27 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Workaround for the time being is to save the img + then upload via the media manager

You have used 402.57 kB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit.

I feel like a ninny and a half reading that again... 🫤

I misread it earlier when I made this thread thinking that the 3 images I have already uploaded had practically used up the forum limitations we are allotted on attachments.

Still curious to know if they plan on allowing images to be posted using the IMG tags at some point though.

Wheels

Download Missions, Skins, & Essential files for IL-2 1946 and several other game series from Mission4Today.

5 minutes ago, wheelsup_cavu said:

Still curious to know if they plan on allowing images to be posted using the IMG tags at some point though.

Wheels

Given that this is on Invision Communities software 
(the Wing Walkers site is too) the option of allowing BB Code style tags ([img] [quote], etc) isn't really an option... security issues.

You can hot-link and/or embed an existing image that is already available on the web (use the"Other Media" drop-down at the bottom right of the posting box, when the image URL is allowed of course), or attach an image directly (until attachment pruning takes effect and all your old attachments disappear). But don't expect BB Code tags to be enabled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

You can hot-link and/or embed an existing image that is already available on the web (use the"Other Media" drop-down at the bottom right of the posting box, when the image URL is allowed of course)

Thanks for the insight @WWSandMan.

Unfortunately at the moment the only thing that the Other Media option allows me to do is insert my currently uploaded images.

(Insert existing attachment)

3 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

or attach an image directly (until attachment pruning takes effect and all your old attachments disappear). But don't expect BB Code tags to be enabled. 

Oh joy... 🤐

Wheels

@WWSandMan is better suited to answer the question @Jason_Williamsbut the Other Media option only allows a user to Insert existing attachment into a post.

other_media_options.png.3895f957cd25a99deb9414f2e26858d8.png

If I follow @WWSandMan's description BBcode is not an option that can be enabled using this forum software but there are other options that can be enabled in the Other Media option hat would allow images to be embedded from say PhotoBucket, Imageshack, ImgBB, or some other web hosting service into their post.

Wheels

I simply select the add files options bottom left Wheels. All my model ones i just downloaded to desktop then reuploaded here via that option.

This is from my phone where you can do the same thing, single or multiple.

My cat giving me the feed me breakfast look.

Screenshot_20230506_203022_Messenger.jpg

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

1427770719.jpg

Thank you for your reply @Hetstaine.

It is looking more and more likely that images can not be hotlinked using the Invision Community forum software like you could using BB code using other earlier types of forum software. Everything seems to need to be directly uploaded to their servers to be seen.

Adding a link to the post works it just does not automagically show the image.

https://www.mission4today.com/images/m4tsig.jpg

I get this error on any link I put into the post except YouTube videos

image_embedding_error.thumb.png.af089785ba09447596b3a957adefaf93.png

Here are some nostalgia videos as examples of what happens using YouTube video urls.

When it embeds the content into the post you get this message and an option to revert it back to a link.

image_embedding_confirmation.thumb.png.c61aefe167a368bc656761ea9ee6c93d.png

Wheels

• 4 months later...

This is what happens when I forget to follow a thread, lol ... six months later.

But I see the original issue is all fixed. And yes, there are a bazillion options to sort through to get the feel of your site the way you want it, and still feel good that the script-kiddies aren't handed the keys to the castle. 

• Like 1