Impressive CG video showing the desert skies battle between Hans-Joachim Marseille and 3 Allied Aces

It's the 3rd of June, 1942, and nine P40B Tomahawk fighters of the South African Air Force 5th Squadron are rushing to the aid of French defenders that are being attacked in a fort by German Stuka’s. It’s a star-studded flight with 3 flying aces in its midst; Distinguished Flying Cross recipient Robin Pare, Cecil Golding, and Louis Botha. A few kilometers away famed ace Hans-Joachim Marseille and his wingman are on a patrol aboard their Bf 109s when they receive the desperate plea from the Stukas. They don’t need to be told twice, they slam the throttle to full and race to the rescue. They arrive at a chaotic scene, with allied fighters all over the Stukas, but Marseille is undeterred. What happens next is an incredible battle of 3 aces versus a German Uber Ace. An incredible feat of skill that cemented Marseilles reputation as the Star of Africa.

• Like 4

On 7/23/2024 at 9:33 PM, Mysticpuma said:

a German Uber Ace. An incredible feat of skill that cemented Marseilles reputation as the Star of Africa.

We now know he was such an ‘Uber ace’ that he did in-fact manage to shoot down a great many invisible planes.

These planes were so invisible, they don’t even appear on allied records of aircraft lost….

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/26/2024 at 2:18 AM, DD_Arthur said:

We now know he was such an ‘Uber ace’ that he did in-fact manage to shoot down a great many invisible planes.

If you had played Swing music in front of Hitler and his mob in Berchtesgaden on his piano, prompting Hitler and his thugs to leave the party and then on the way home (the African front) reaching Rome, you had been fetched by by an evil Nazi telling you that unless you continue shooting an amazing number of enemy planes, they will follow orders kill you and your family, then I am sure you would have become proficient in shooting invisible planes as well. I mean, I would certainly would have shot down any British or American plane, down to the last F-86.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

If you had played Swing music in front of Hitler and his mob in Berchtesgaden on his piano, prompting Hitler and his thugs to leave the party and then on the way home (the African front) reaching Rome, you had been fetched by by an evil Nazi telling you that unless you continue shooting an amazing number of enemy planes, they will follow orders kill you and your family, 

I can only presume this part of his biography was written by Pierre Closterman because, like a great many of his claims, the evidence for all this is fairly invisible too….

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

I can only presume this part of his biography was written by Pierre Closterman because, like a great many of his claims, the evidence for all this is fairly invisible too….

May well be. But in this case IIRC it would be Bergström.

• Like 3