Kerbal Space Program (original)

Sea Serpent

The nights on Duna are long, with not much to do, so in this KSP "career" of mine, lots of money comes from commercial enterprise, contracts being generated by the game.  The more money you have, the more it becomes a Sandbox game.  I guess I'm nothing more than a sell out to corporate interests!  So, here is the mission:

Mission.thumb.jpg.cc08d6fd8bffb16d020c4dcf2d059537.jpg

Here is the satelite in question, not of my making.  Must be some stock KSP spacecraft.

RQwhatever.thumb.jpg.7fad33184de4d29e37fbc6890bda05e9.jpg

The spacecraft I've named Firebird, which I've showcase before, is currently docked at Starbase 1😄 next to one of its support ships, on what was previously an Asteroid orbiting the sun,but since captured around The Mun (see posts above).  Here it prepares to depart,to complete the mission.  I've done so many things like this in the game, its pretty routine stuff by now, but it remains entertaining, no matter how far advanced I get up the tech tree.  In the first few hundred hours of the same "career", this kind of stuff could be a giant undertaking to me.  And I was planning to fly the Apache tonight....

Starbase1.thumb.jpg.5f6580e7a35ba37de8784f4159ab510a.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I continue to play this game every so often, and it goes at a glacial pace.  There is so much to do, and totally appeals to the creative side.  I made another mission prior to the above departure, not only to deliver the required parts to fix a satellite, but also to upgrade the Firebird spacecraft at the Mun with 9x1000 batteries, 3 Giganto Solar arrays, and 8 additional fuel cells.  The idea is that it will be able to mine surface elements for fuel without having to rely on direct solar power, operating through the night, which will greatly cut down on turnaround time after a Mun or Minmus landing.  It now is finally enroute to fix that satellite in the previous post, rendevous scheduled for 12 days later....

FirebirdUpgrade.thumb.jpg.9646aae982daa20615ed7d17e9db87d3.jpg

Edited by Sea Serpent
  • Like 2