Native multithread support from the very beginning

Chipi

Yes,  I know that it is 2023 and that everybody takes it for granted,  but nevertheless it can't hurt saying it. 

I hope the best of lucks to the team, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this promising and exciting project develops. 

Edited by Chipi
My bad english
  • Like 1

If they are constructing a new game engine. With Jason’s experience and DCS and msfs as diversion he knows what is expected. 
That said DCS and MSFS struggle with MT. 
they have both a way to go. And as I understand it MT is one of the reasons they build MSFS 2024. 
So it is not a given thing. 
Funding of this endeavour is my main concern, everything can be done if there is money. And with a wish list as long as the moon and back we are going to have to wait many years if all thing’s implemented in the beginning. 

3 hours ago, Lusekofte said:

If they are constructing a new game engine. With Jason’s experience and DCS and msfs as diversion he knows what is expected. 
That said DCS and MSFS struggle with MT. 
they have both a way to go. And as I understand it MT is one of the reasons they build MSFS 2024. 
So it is not a given thing. 
Funding of this endeavour is my main concern, everything can be done if there is money. And with a wish list as long as the moon and back we are going to have to wait many years if all thing’s implemented in the beginning. 

Actually DCS benefited nicely from the initial implementation of MT. And it is still in beta. Have not tried MSFS 2020 yet. So yeah I hope to see it in this new sim for sure.

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Actually DCS benefited nicely from the initial implementation of MT. And it is still in beta. Have not tried MSFS 2020 yet. So yeah I hope to see it in this new sim for sure.

I say msfs is smoother than DCs but they encountered obstacles and rather build new. DCs continue its old engine with same limitations as always. Yes it has improved but mt is far from ideal nor does it use all cores