AVG (American Volunteer Group) / Pearl Harbour

Would you buy a Flying Tigers DLC?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a Flying Tigers DLC?

Hello everyone!
Well, I don't know about you, but the first movie that made me pay attention to airplanes was Flying Tigers with John Wayne. 

And it was love at first sight with the P-40.
I think it would be interesting to include Pearl Harbor as an additional campaign within this DLC.
And we would have access to some less famous, but no less important warbirds.

The first would be the P-40B, which was the first operational version of the P-40, and saw combat in China, and at Pearl Harbor.

Warplanes of the USA: Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, Tomahawk, and Kittyhawk

The second is the father of the P-47, which was called the P-43. And unlike the P-40, the P-43 performed well above 15,000 feet.

And it was used in China

4518b03d74b0e775e5b0953fb3690af6.jpg

And finally, the father of the P-40, which was basically a P-40 with a radial engine, and was called the P-36.

A P-36 was even shot down in Pearl Harbor by American anti-aircraft, as it was mistaken for an A6m2.

9 P-36 Hawk - Pearl Harbor ideas | pearl harbor, december 7 1941, harbor

Not to mention that the P-36 could also be used in a possible Battle of France, and even in Finland like Hawk 75

And since the focus of the game is the pacific, it's only fair that we have the Flying Tigers, don't you think?

Edited by PabloSniper
  • Like 6

I'd fly a mod like that. I was at an airshow in Ypsilanti, Michigan and saw Tex Hill and Don Lopez speak about their time in the Flying Tigers. Don recalled an event where he had collided his P40 with a Japanese fighter (Oscar maybe??). He said after the collision, he saw one wing was missing a couple of feet of length. He slid the canopy back and unbuckled his seat harness. He then realized the plane didn't really fly any different, so he buckled back up and flew it home.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Major Lee said:

I'd fly a mod like that. I was at an airshow in Ypsilanti, Michigan and saw Tex Hill and Don Lopez speak about their time in the Flying Tigers. Don recalled an event where he had collided his P40 with a Japanese fighter (Oscar maybe??). He said after the collision, he saw one wing was missing a couple of feet of length. He slid the canopy back and unbuckled his seat harness. He then realized the plane didn't really fly any different, so he buckled back up and flew it home.

This must be a unique experience.
I had the opportunity to meet a Brazilian Air Force pilot who flew a Piper as an aerial reconnaissance aircraft in Italy.
We were having a great conversation until at one point he remembered his fallen comrades.

• Like 3

On 9/10/2024 at 11:23 PM, Major Lee said:

Don recalled an event where he had collided his P40 with a Japanese fighter (Oscar maybe??). He said after the collision, he saw one wing was missing a couple of feet of length. He slid the canopy back and unbuckled his seat harness. He then realized the plane didn't really fly any different, so he buckled back up and flew it home.

There is a famous history like that but in japanese side. Kanichi Kashimura colided his A5M with a P-40 over Nanchang and returned with a wing and a half

image.jpeg.2092782977467b254fb69fcc09f8a291.jpeg

After four attempts to land finally crashed but he result unharmed. I think... can you imagine that we are talking about the same collision?🤯

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1