Masamitsu Yoshioka, last survivor of the Pearl Harbor raid... dies at age 106?

This is an interview last year, Yoshioka was 105:

https://japan-forward.com/interview-masamitsu-yoshioka-105-on-what-happened-in-the-skies-over-honolulu/

And this is a Hungarian source that anounces his death, apparently he passed away yesterday:

https://magyarjelen.hu/elhunyt-a-masodik-vilaghaborus-japan-veteran/

Using Deepl, I translated the Hungarian into English and found that the death of Yoshioka has been announced by the "Telegram channel Steel Desert"... any further news on that?

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro
Pear Harbor -> Pearl Harbor
  • Like 5

• 343KKT_Kintaro changed the title to Masamitsu Yoshioka, last survivor of the Pearl Harbor raid... dies at age 106?

The last Japanese pilot from Pearl harbor and that survived WWII that I know died in 2016 and was Kaname Harada.

I found an excerpt from the Internet but no source, that said Masamitsu Yoshioka died in 2020. All this seems opaque. The link on Japan Forward okay but how reliable is this I do not know.

There are so many news websites and youtube channels that announce bullshit to get baits, likes etc. that it is very difficult sometimes to assess what is true and what isn't.

Nowadays getting reliable stuff is a real challenge. We drown in bullshit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I haven't any link to share with you, fellow pilots, but apparently last Thursday Yoshioka's family posted a tweet on "X" and this is how the news started to circulate in the internet. There are no official media relaying the info (again: apparently), and I may be wrong but, in my understanding, this might happen because the family of Mr Yoshioka  simply aims discretion.

So it seems this is true info but I'll be waiting for further news.

• Thanks 3